- Financial Administration and Control of the entire Council.
- Administration and Controlling of the General Fund of the Council.
- Preparing and activating the Budget.
- Revenue Collection based on the Budget.
- Expenditure controlling of the Council according to the Budget.
- Preparation of Accounts statements.
- Issuing Trade License
- Control of Purchasing, Distribution of goods and other equipments.
- Activating the government tender procedure for tendering Sunday fair, Public toilet, Shops and Vehicle parks.
TASKS & ACTIVITIES
- Preparing Reports to answer the Audit Queries ( Internal & General Audit)
- Taking legal actions against to those who do not pay taxes.
- Collecting revenue and making payments through cheques.
- Collecting entertainment tax for various money making public programs within the city.
- Finance Committee meeting is held once in every month at the Municipal Council. Discussion and decision making on Quotations, Tenders, Payments and revenue are made at this committee meeting
- The Accounts Department submits the following accounts and documents to the Finance Committee Meeting.
- Monthly Finance report
- Request of call for Quotations
- Purchasing details
- Detail of payments exceeds Rs.15000.00